||[Feb. 12th, 2007|12:42 am]
I was dangerous today, so for your own safety please step away from my journal. If you must read this entry, do so at your own risk.|
Actually, the morning was pretty normal. The afternoon, well, Mom wanted me to make her some of my chili. I went over there, and was setting things up. Well, a stack of bowls happened to be near the edge of the counter top by the kitchen sink. I knocked it down and broke a bowl.
After cleaning up the glass shards, Fawn wanted out. So I let her out. As we were coming in (and Fawn was a safe distance in front of me thank goodness), I bumped a spray bottle on the table that Mom uses when the cats misbehave. It in turn knocked over a glass near the edge of the table. Well, this one shattered even more spectacularly than the bowl did.
So I cleaned that up, and went back to fixing the chili for Mom and myself after a minor moment of cussing.
Now somewhere along the line shortly after cleaning up the second round of broken glass off the kitchen floor, I also must have snorted one of the hotter spices unknowingly because suddenly my right nostril felt like it was on fire. To the point I took a wet paper towel to the inside of my nose. That only provided temporary relief. Figuring I somehow accidentally maced myself with either the chili powder or cumin (I can't see the other spices I used burning to the extent I was feeling), I just waited it out, and sure enough, after about a half hour the burning started to fade and after an hour was gone.
After that, I stuck to using plastic utensils and staying away from breakable items as much as I could. So far nothing else of note has occurred today.